Article I Name
Article II Purpose
Article III Mission
Article IV Membership
Article V Officers
Article VI Meetings
Article VII Activities
Article VIII Property
Article IX Amendments
Article X Disbanding
Article XI Bylaws
Article I – Name
- Name of this organization shall be RC-Aviators. This is a non-for profit organization.
- Location this organization shall be based at St. Joe State Park, Park Hills MO. Meeting location will be determined by the Vice President.
Article II – Purpose
- RC-Aviators is formed for the purpose of promoting the hobby of radio controlled model aviation.
Article III – Mission
- RC-Aviators will promote the hobby of radio controlled model aviation in an atmosphere where members treat each other equal with civility in a family atmosphere where pleasure, recreation, education and fellowship exist. Safety and harmony is of top concern.
Article IV – Membership
- Members must be a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).
- Members shall be approved by a simple majority vote of the total voting members and shall not be discriminated against as it relates to race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, or disability.
- There shall be three types of membership. (1) Charter Member – An open member accepted as a member of the organization within the first 180 days after ratification of the constitution and bylaws. (2) Open member – A dues paying member defined as an adult by AMA; a member of AMA and may be a voting member. (3) Junior Member – A member defined as a youth by AMA, a member of AMA and a non-voting non-dues paying member.
Article V – Officers
- Officers of the organization shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Safety Coordinator. The President may appoint other positions and committees as needed. Any member may hold more than one office position and/or committee position at a time.
Article VI – Meetings
- Meetings will be held monthly when possible.
Article VII – Activities
- The organization may schedule organizational aviation related activities which may include swap meets, aviation events, picnics and dinners.
Article VIII – Property
- Any property owned by the organization shall be the property of the membership as a whole and not the property of any one individual or fraction of individuals.
Article IX – Amendments
- Amendments to this constitution shall require a 2/3 majority vote of the voting members.
Article X – Disbanding
- If the organization disbands, the physical assets will be sold at fair value. Any debts owed by the organization shall be paid by any monetary assets. Any remaining monetary assets shall be donated to a charity decided by simple majority of the total voting membership.
Article XI – Bylaws
- Bylaws shall be written and maintained to cover the operation of this organization.